Warm Greetings Colleagues, from IPD
A colleague said to me the other day, “ boy the year has quietly slipped by, where did it go?” and after driving off I reflected on his words and thought, the year has indeed slipped by, but by no means quietly.
What a year it has been, the entire world seems to be in turmoil, yet on the other hand, if you peruse all the news coming at you from all quarters and STOP! THINK! FOCUS! You will come to the realization that the world is again (like it does every two hundred years) renewing its self.
It is time to get on the bus we call life, we have been talking about the future for a very long time, well! Surprise! Surprise!! This is the future folks, technology is advancing at the speed of lightning, it is amazing, exhilarating, exciting and fascinating.
Welcome aboard, have a seat and let’s go for the ride, both in our personal lives and our professional lives.
A word of caution, however, with all the exciting challenges, one could easily get caught up in the technology to the extent that one forget the human touch. We must embrace the changes and adapt to the times, notwithstanding, we should always be cognizant that the technology (high touch) should be controlled by us, and not we be controlled by it, already far too many of us are controlled by our smartphones.
Things fall apart when the center cannot hold, in a rapidly changing world, the center becomes much more crucial. Our principle-centered belief is the glue that will hold us together, help us to adapt to the changes, and capitalize on the changes while maintaining our sanity.
I will share with you my formula which is quite simple, somehow things come in three’s
- Develop the habit of thinking and speaking in the affirmative at all times – not easy, initially, however, if you really want to; the habit will be formed in 21 days.
- Believe in yourself and your own capabilities, enhance and capitalize on your strengths and turn your weaknesses into strength; and those weaknesses that you cannot do anything about will fail into insignificance.
- Work on your spirituality – you need a strong dose of spirituality, something bigger than you.
Do this, put your priority in focus, what are the three most important things in your life? Here is mine, in order of priority:
- My God, with whom all thing are possible
- My Family, which means everything to me and the purpose of living
- My work which keeps me challenged, put the chicken on the table, allow me to fulfill my personal mission of helping to improve lives and offer me the golden opportunity of serving my fellow human beings. And allow me to meet awesome people, which is Awe-inspiring
Everything else comes after that.
So colleagues as this mixed blessing year come to an end let us give thanks for all things, focus on finishing the year Strong so that the momentum going into 2018 will be in high gear.
Expect an AMAZING 2018, fasten your seat belts we are in for quite a ride, as the technology in AI (Artificial Intelligence) improves and increases, and more Millennials taking leadership roles in Government, industries, and commerce, the changes are going to accelerate.
Put on your Positive hat and Let’s meet the new year head on, no one can, with any degree of accuracy predict what the next 12 months will look like, however, please make sure that you are on the bus. With a strong faith in God, the love of your family and a productive mindset we will do amazing things, we will survive and with a smile.